Sunday, July 11, 2010

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Comes To An End Today.

FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010 Come To An End Today..
 
"Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it,  but you can spend it. Once you've lost it, you can never get it back." By Harvey Mackay.
 
In the beginning there are 32 teams from 32 Countries, with hopes to get to the final. Lot of predictions, Many of the favourable teams get knocked out, Brazil for one and Germany and Ghana from my Continent, Africa.
 
I saw tears from the players and fans and even people who don't understand the true meaning and  feelings of football (Soccer as it's called here in the USA).
 
Today is the final between Netherlands and Spain. The hopes are higher again one last time and we all football fans will relax for the next four years again, as the FIFA World Cup is every four years.
 
I've asked myself and I know many others have asked this question: Why is the World Cup played every four years? Is too long and despite all the pre-requisites and qualifications and myths about it all, Four years is too long and I think it need to be shorter or at least every three years,
 
Yes, I know that others will say, well the Olympics is every four years too,, and so on, but Life moves so fast and the FIFA World cup is millions of people dreams, to watch it or take parts in it, so making it shorter is a good thing and a dream come true for many fans around the World.
 
At the same time, the beginning and ending  of the FIFA World Cup let me reflect  myself and look at Life in a two way dimension as I always do when things comes and go in my Life.
 
Despite all the excitements and loud noises, today is the final and I might not know the winner yet, but I might assume it will be Spain, who knows?
 
But this is my point: Life is funny, I know I say this always to my buddies, but yes it is. We look forward to big things that are coming to us, we procrastinate, we assumed, we prepared and we spend all our time and energy towards it, it comes and gone and sometimes, we don't even missed it, despite I will always missed the FIFA World cup when all said and done, but many things we kill ourselves for really don't make huge differences in our Life.
 
But time is for us to use wisely, we spend most of time on things that don't matter to us, but just caused us harm and regrets. I've few friends with family or just like a single parents just like me, I sometime fight with them when I realized that they prefer to hang out while there children or family in need of them, Giving your time to you love ones and family is a call to duty for each and everyone of us,
 
One funny thing I realized, we all have so many excuses for TIME. Let us make time for Life..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

AL JAZEERA

Deutsche Welle: DW-WORLD.DE

washingtonpost.com - A Section

washingtonpost.com - Metro

Wikio News

The News is NowPublic.com - World: just-in

Today"s Birthday

BetaNews.Com

Buzztracker

Buzztracker daily image

Article of the Day